Admission in Progress 2013/2014
KAAF University College is affiliated to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and is the first private university in Ghana accredited by the National Accreditation Board to run degree programs in
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Geomatic (Geodetic) Engineering and
- Construction Technology
Also programmes are offered leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with options in
- Banking and Finance,
- Human Resource Management,
- Marketing and
All applicants who hold HND Certificates, CTC I, II/III and have a minimum of two years relevant working experience may apply. Such applicants shall be placed on level 300 after successfully going through one semester Bridging program.
- Applicants with Advance Craft Certificate, Vocational Diploma, Technician Certificate, and City & Guilds Level Two in any Construction Discipline can also apply and shall be placed at Level 100.
- Special Evening/Weekend School: In our efforts to make it easier and simpler for our prospective students who wish to upgrade themselves to do so, KAAF has packaged a Special Evening and Weekend school program which takes place at the Accra Lecture Halls( Premier Tower, Opposite Pension House, Accra) for all our programs. Lectures begin at 5:00pm and end at 9:00 pm.
PRELIMINARY (REMEDIAL) PROGRAMME:
Our Preliminary Programs provides opportunity to students who have not fully passed their SSSCE/WASSCE subjects to be admitted into our Collegiate system to enable them prepare and re-sit the W.A.E.C examinations in other to obtain the required aggregate of (24) or (36) or better. The programs starts in May and end in August each year. Only candidates who have already registered for the SSSCE/WASSCE examination will be offered a place. Those who qualify after the re-sit will be offered places on our Special Long Vacation programs to enable them complete their Level 100 courses in May each year.
Admission Forms can be obtained for Application forms can be obtained for GH¢ 90 (by WASSCE/SSSCE Holders), GH¢ 100 (by HND and other applicants) and USD 100 by Foreign students at the following places
- Any HFC bank branch nationwide
- Any ECOBANK Branch nationwide
- Any AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK branch nationwide
Forms can also be obtained from the Admissions Office at KAAF University College, Budumburam (near Kasoa) or at our Accra office at Premier Tower (opposite Pension House,Ministries,Accra) or download the forms from: www.kaafuniversitycollege.edu.gh
Completed forms must be returned to the Registrar, KAAF University College, P.O. Box WU 177, Kasoa-C/R, Ghana.
For further information, please call (233) 020-112 135 3 or (233) 020-020 395 9
How to apply
|Step 1||If you do not already have it installed, then download Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe's web site.|
|Step 2||Download, print and complete the Application Form (Adobe PDF format/MSWord)|
|Step 3||Please deliver the completed forms in person, or by mailing them to: |
Tel: +233 020 020 395 9
The Kaaf University College is a co-educational secular institution of higher learning. As a policy, the University admits applicants from all races and nationalities, irrespective of their religious, cultural, social or ethnic persuasions or origin.
Admission to Bachelors' Degree
Secondary School Certificate holders
• Five GCE Ordinary Level including English Language and Mathematics; Plus GCE Advanced Level passes in three subjects,
• International Baccalaureate of an aggregate not less than 30.
• West Africa Senior Secondary School Examination (WASSSCE) Certificate
• SSSCE with an aggregate score of 24 or better in 6 subjects including core mathematics and core English. The aggregate score of 24 or better in 6 subjects shall be assessed from candidate's SSSCE results using the following grades and weights:
• RSA stage II with passes in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus RSA Stage III with passes in at least three (3) subjects.
Post Secondary School Professional Certificate holders
Post Secondary School Professional Certificate from recognised institutions (e.g. Nurses' and Teachers' Training Colleges) obtained after successful completion of Secondary School with the necessary credits at GCE Ordinary level.
Diploma Holders from Tertiary Institutions
HND and holders of Diplomas from accredited universities or non-university tertiary institutions may be considered for admission. The Admission Board shall assess candidates with Diplomas and HND with regard to the curriculum content of their programmes and the classification of their final certificates on a case by case basis and grant them the necessary course exemptions at appropriate level of programme.
Exemptions shall be granted on the basis that the student made a score of C or better in the subject/course for which exemption is being sought. Application for course exemption shall be made at the time of registration of courses of the relevant semester.
Mature candidates applying for admission must have reasonable education and working experience and should have attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of submitting the application. Applicants for the mature programme should have at least 3 years of relevant experience in the intended field of study. Students seeking admission under this category will write the Entrance Examination and pass a selection interview. The examination will cover:
i. Quantitative & Analytical Tools and
ii. English Language.
The examinations must be passed at 50% in each subject before a candidate will be selected for an interview.
A student transferring from an accredited university to Kaaf University should register with the University for a minimum study period of at least six (6) semesters as a full time student before she/he becomes eligible for gradua¬tion. The classification of the degree will be based only on the courses taken at the College.